Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Tullier/Poirrier Connection Part 1

 


My grandfather Roy’s mother was called Isabella Edalie Poirrier.  According to her death record she died in 1953. She was married to Ezdore Joseph Tullier.  Her parents were Peter Ropheny Poirrier and Mary Victoria Leteff.  


I found Peter in the 1870 US census.  Now I am scanning through the 1860 census to see if I can find his family.  According to the 1870 census, his father Michel, was a prison guard.  Now I’m chasing Michel through the census.  


Peter’s father Michel, seems to have served in the confederate army.  The Porrier I found in the confederate database said that he died on the way home to Louisiana on furlough. I really don’t know if that is the same person.  I need to do more research.  It is VERY frustrating to not be local to the information I am researching.


No comments:

Post a Comment